Flowerbox Snack: Gluten Free Sunflower Butter Sandwich and Fresh Fruit
by Joy (Featured in San Diego Family Magazine)
I made this fun and healthy snack for my 3 daughters who are allergic to nuts. We love creating healthy snacks that make having food allergies fun in my home! We keep extra pieces of fruit on the side, to plant more flower “seeds” on our plates. I teach my daughters that no matter what food allergies they may have, if we keep a joyful heart, our food can still stay nutritious and fun!
- Orange Sections
- Apple Slice
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Gluten Free Mini Loaf Bread (2 slices)
- Use fresh cut celery for each flower stem.
- Peel and section an orange, arrange the pieces with a blueberry in the center.
- Slice an apple section and cut into petal shapes. Place a raspberry in the center.
- Slice a strawberry into sections, arrange in petal shape.
- Use gluten free mini loaf bread (or cut a sandwich in half) to make the flower box. We use Sunflower Seed Butter for a delicious, healthy, and fun, allergy friendly snack!
- "Food Allergies are Real! Snacks that avoid them are Fun @ Ibelieveinjoy.com! TM"