Homemade Portable Yogurt Frozen Treats
We have a Little with a lactose intolerance. She gets a tummy ache and loose stools if she eats regular dairy yogurt. We also do not like the artificial colors, preservatives, and extra sugars and chemicals that can sometimes be found in store bought portable yogurts.
So we simply decided to make our own. It is easy! Just grab these portable yogurt containers from my Amazon affiliate link below:
** HUGE TIP and RECIPE BELOW!!
Here’s a HUGE TIP!! If you have little hands who have trouble pushing up the contents of the tube without it spilling all over them, use a closing bag clasp. Continue moving it up, and have the kids hold at the clip and above. No mess, no spills, and 100% gets eaten with no wasting. HOORAY! Easy, practical, fun tip from our little hands to yours!
Here’s a few of our favorite portable yogurt frozen treat ideas:
- 12 portable yogurt containers.
- 1 cup of lactose free yogurt (optional).
- 1 cup of coconut milk (or lactose free liquid of choice).
- 1 Mango Puree
- 1 Orange Puree
- 1 Banana
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until blended well.
- Pour into portable yogurt containers (leave a little room at the top for the caps).
- Freeze overnight.
- We freeze our portable yogurts overnight and eat them as a healthy treat.
- 2 cups strawberries with 1 cup spinach.
- 1 avocado (pit and peels removed) added to any fruit combo for a great spin.
- I let the kids be creative each week and think of their own recipes to try. They love being creative and making their own healthy portable treats!